Land & Planning
Experts in land acquisition
With over 50 years of experience, Pearce Fine Homes has a well-earned reputation for building exceptionally high-quality homes in Devon and Cornwall.
Our Land Specialists are always on the look out for new locations to develop, either with or without planning permission.
We welcome enquiries from land owners or land agents with land to sell.
How it works
1. AssessmentThe first step is to contact us with details of your land. Once we have identified the land, we will carry out a desktop evaluation, followed by a site meeting.
2. AgreementIf there is potential value in your land, we will discuss the options available with you. Should you wish to proceed, we will prepare a Legal Agreement outlining our offer and detailing what you will achieve from your land sale. Once an Agreement is in place, we will proceed to work to unlock the value in your land.
3. PromotionEvery Local Authority allocates specific land for development in what is called the Local Development Plan or Framework. If it is the case that your land falls outside of these areas, we will promote your land on your behalf by continually monitoring and making appropriate representations for the site’s inclusion in future plans. As part of this process, we will carry out appropriate surveys to help promote the land correctly. We also ensure that we keep up to date with prevailing planning policies of central and relevant local government, in order to maximise the value and the amount of land allocated for development within any future Planning Application.
4. ApplicationThe first step is to submit a pre-planning application to the Council, outlining the proposals. Once submitted, it takes up to 8 weeks for a response. The pre-application advice provides valuable guidance on how a Council would like to see a scheme delivered. The 8-week period is a perfect time to engage the local community for their support and feedback. A scheme is then designed which takes into account community feedback and the pre-application advice. Once the pre-planning surveys are complete and the planning drawings are ready, a formal planning application is submitted to the Council. The Council will formally validate the application and give a clear determination date (up to 13 weeks for more than 10 units and up to 8 weeks for 10 units or less). Communication with the Council is ongoing during this time in order to ensure that any issues that may arise are dealt with promptly. Once all the necessary paperwork is in place, a formal planning notice is issued.
5. AppealsWhilst we have an excellent track record of successful planning applications, there is never a guarantee that permission will be granted on initial review. This could be as a result of a number of reasons. Nevertheless, if the planning application does not succeed at the initial stage, it does not mean to say that permission is not achievable. We have considerable experience in the appeal process and understand what is required in order to get a decision overturned. If there is a good chance that the decision could be overturned, we will proceed with the necessary steps in order to obtain permission on appeal.
6. SaleOnce permission has been granted, the value of your land will be realised either by way of a sale to Pearce Fine Homes or a third party, depending on the terms of our Agreement. We pride ourselves in having excellent relationships with landowners by communicating effectively and ensuring that the sales process is dealt with swiftly and seamlessly.
Perhaps you have owned land for some time or have recently inherited land and want to explore your options?
If you have land and want to talk to someone about what to do with it and whether there is any potential for development, please contact our dedicated team of specialists who will be happy to help.
Pearce Fine Homes
Twelvewoods Business Park